One of every 14 Americans will suffer a break-in, according to an article that appeared in The Journal Record, written by Andrew Leckey, with the title “Burglary Plague.” He also said that this burglary plague has transformed the wireless home security systems industry into a business of $5 billion per year. The average homeowner spends $1,000 in each home security system, Leckey added.
Larceny is a crime involving the wrongful acquisition of the personal property of another person. – Wikipedia
The Top 10 Things To Prepare Your Home For The Summer
These tips are valid for wireless home security, or any other kind of security devices.
These are 4 tips according to the site HowStuffWorks:
1. Lock it up. Your doors should be made of metal or solid wood. The strike plate must be secured with four long screws. The lock should be a deadbolt.
2. Alarms. Alarms are not as effective as we might think, and this is the reason why you need to be certain to display the name of the company that installed the alarm prominently outside the home.
3. Do not broadcast. It is also important that a few people know about your next vacation to avoid many burglars from knowing it from Facebook or any other similar channel.
4. Outdoor lightning. You should use 100-watt bulbs to illuminate the outdoor parts of the house at night.
Wireless Home Security Systems
These are 3 tips from the San Diego Police Department:
1. Lock garages, sheds, and gates after each use.
2. Know who is knocking at your door before opening it. It is important to check the ID card or other photo ID (auto registration, for example) before you deal with any interviewer, peddler, or solicitor.
3. Stop leaving notes on your door when you are away from home.
These are 3 tips from the Metropolice of Louisville:
1. Interior lighting. You need to leave interior lights of your house on when you are away from home.
2. Dogs are a secondary security if they bark to give you a warning.
3. It is important that the number of your house is clearly visible from the street so that the police can identify it quickly.
The Best Home Security Services
These are the top home security services according to Asecurelife.com, a site that has been featured in Reuters, MarketWatch, and “The Street,” among others.
1. FrontPoint Security. The firm offer a self-install security system that is second to none. One of the things that make FrontPoint Security stand out is its customer service. It also also provides a connection that is wireless and dedicated between both your control panel and sensors. Furthermore, Front Point uses a dedicated communication that is cellular between your monitoring station and panel. The price is transparent, which means that you will pay for what you get.
2. Protect America. This firm uses very similar equipment to that of FrontPoint Security. The DIY installation service will let you get up and running quickly. One of the best things about Protect America is that it has a very low start-up price ($19.99). Note that Protect America has a “C” rating with the BBB.org, which means that it has had troubles with its services and the customers have many complaints.
3. LifeShield. This is the only company in the market offering whole fire protection for your home. LifeShield offers professional installation and DIY kits.